In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19, no life support classes will be held at SCSIL through June.
AHA BLS Instructor
About the Course
This course is designed to teach candidates who hold Heartsaver First Aid/CPR/AED and BLS Provider certifications how to teach all levels of AHA CPR and First Aid and Blood Borne Pathogen courses. Course includes initial monitoring if done at TCLS (a fee waiver will be provided in class).
AHA BLS Instructor Course
In order to become an American Heart Association BLS instructor through TCLS you must complete the following:
2. Provide your current AHA BLS Provider card to firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Obtain a BLS Instructor Manual and bring it with you to class. AHA offers a hardcopy and digital eBook format, you may purchase either depending on your preference.
- Hardcopy: https://shopcpr.heart.org/bls-instructor-manual
- Digital eBook: https://shopcpr.heart.org/bls-instructor-manual-ebook
4. Online Instructor Essentials prior to the in person training (an AHA online course key will be sent to you from eLearning.heart.org)
5. Required hours of in person classroom instruction
6. Successfully be monitored teaching your first course within six months of completing Instructor Course. Training Center Coordinators, or Faculty can require additional monitoring.
You will have access to the most current emergency cardiovascular care science, course updates, training resources, and tools through the online AHA Instructor Network.
The American Heart Association strongly promotes knowledge and proficiency in all AHA courses and has developed instructional materials for this purpose. Use of these materials in an educational course does not represent course sponsorship by the AHA. Any fees charged for such a course, except for a portion of fees needed for AHA course materials, do not represent income to the AHA.
When you register for a class you will be prompted to login. If you do not have a EVMS SCSIL user account, follow the instructions on the login screen to create an account. You can then register for a class after the account creation process is complete.